Sign Up To Receive Updates
Realtor®, CRS, e-PRO, G.R.I.
DRE License # 00906544
(866) 937-5777Toll Free:
My Service Areas
Serving the Santa Maria Valley and surrounding Central Coast areas
Santa Maria, Orcutt, Nipomo, Lompoc & Arroyo Grande
Published on July 2nd, 2012D'Ann Bartley
It’s obvious with a decrease in inventory, even if only by 1 unit, yet 27 new listings this past week — our pending sales are still up in June! It’s very positive, since June is typically one of the slower months, and it is a reflection on the great interest rates and a strengthening economy. We may not be out of the woods as a nation, but there is some progress, and our local real estate market is looking up!
Take a look at the third week in June here, and then look at last week:
MORE GOOD NEWS
Another sign of strength in our Santa Maria Valley housing market: of the 96 active listings as of June 30, only 37, or 38.5%, of them are “distress sales”, i.e. bank-owned foreclosures or short sales! That leaves 59, or 61.5% of them as “traditional” sales!!! Yet in 2011, 57% of our listings were “distress sales” and only 43% traditional! Check my post from July 15, 2011 and also note that as of a year ago we had 330 active listings, over three times as many as we have this year.
And the times, they are a-changin….!
Good service doesn’t change. For exceptional and friendly real estate service, please give me a call at (805)937-5777 or send an email!